Crete, the largest island of Greece, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean. The good air connections, the diversity of the island – mountains and beaches, plus the crystal clear sea, make this island very attractive.
It thus brings a wealth of opportunities for a good quality of life:
- Natural beauty: Crete is known for its beautiful nature, which includes picturesque mountain villages, bays with turquoise water and cliffs on the coast. The island is surrounded by the Mediterranean Sea, which means there are plenty of beaches that are accessible all over the island.
- Crete: Crete enjoys sunny and warm weather most of the year. Summers are warm and dry, while winters are mild and wet. This climate can be appealing to those looking for a place with long summers and mild winters. Crete is on the same level as Cyprus, so it offers a great alternative to this island.
- Culture and History:Crete has a rich history and culture that dates back to ancient times. The island is home to a number of archaeological sites and monuments that are an important part of Greek culture and from which European culture is based. In addition, there are many traditional villages and towns on Crete that have retained their character and charm.
- Accessibility:Crete has two international airports, Chania and Heraklion, and accessibility to various European countries is relatively easy thanks to the many international flights and ferries.
- Healthcare:There are several modern hospitals and clinics in Crete that provide a high standard of healthcare. Many doctors and health professionals in Crete speak English, making it easy for international patients to communicate and receive care.
Interesting facts about Crete that you may not have known:
Did you know that the average average person consumes one litre of olive oil per year and the average Cretan consumes up to 30 litres per year?
Did you know that the island of Crete is the birthplace of the god Zeus? According to legend, this god was born high in the Cretan mountains.
Maybe we have just enriched you with new knowledge and you will fall in love with this beautiful island as much as we do 😊